Thursday 2 May 2013

"A normal special day"

"A special photograph of a normal day"

It is special because it exudes normalcy. A rare moment which will never come back, a moment which will remain etched in my memory forever.

It is one of the last photographs of me and my first born alone (Yess look closely i am there in the background). 

It was from the last few days when we were just us. A normal mother and son “Duo””(This photograph was taken just before we conceived our second baby)

It was a day of his demands, his babyness, his running around the house creating ruckus, a day of non sensical chatter.

The toy that he is holding... reminds me of our endless hours of innocent plays (we kicked it, rode it and yes ultimately killed it).

His bike reminds me how he refused to learn to ride it and it remained his push toy forever.

The T Shirt he is wearing reminds me how easily I could put him in pink then.

His hairstyle reminds me how for hours i would painstakingly turn him into a girl.

His smile reminds me of the innocence and all the naughtiness that was about to come.
Our Duo has now given way to the “Trio”

His demands and tantrums of being the only child have given way to subtlety and understanding of a big brother.

I knew with the third member it will change and may be become more special. But I can’t help but miss our regular duo days.

If I knew the naughty demanding child will so easily slip into a grown up big bro I would have held on to the time more strongly.

I am not complaining but sometimes rather every time I look at this snap it reminds me of the time when it was just him and me.

"I miss that normal special alone day with him" 


PS: BlogwatiG, to answer the question "Why would he'd be a perfect royal baby?"

Well because he is a royalty's son!! Duh!!!





This post is shared with Indblogeshwari’s “That Tuesday thingy Fourth”

Also this post is my entry for the 'One Picture From My Photo Album' contest conducted by My Yatra Diary and CupoNation



20 comments:

  1. so much loved reading it !! :) yours is a very very cute boy and now a responsible elder brother too !! :) Kids are super Kids of the date ... they are lot smarter than kids a two decades back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-).You are right my 4.5 yr old surprises me everyday and when he starts asking questions I am mostly in loss of words :-)

      Delete
  2. I guess that's why a firstborn is always a darling in his/her mother's eyes. Still today, my sis, who is elder to me by 9 years, is my mom's favorite. My younger bro comes second favorite as he's the youngest - baby in the family. I guess we middle kids are always hanging somewhere :) Anyway, I hope your son is loving his "choti" from the past ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, thanks for nominating me :)

      Delete
    2. Hey I am a middle kid as well :-). Always felt that my sis was the favorite because she was first born and my kid brother was babied way too much but now when i think about it as a parent, i dont think you can have favorites but yes the "one on one" bond that i have with my first born is way more special and i may never experience it with my younger one.

      Delete
  3. hey thanks a lot, nice post and a equally cute capture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was such a lovely post and an amazing picture. The lil boy s got a killer smile so mommy dearest do watch out for all the girls. The post brought about lots of nostalgic memories of my eldest nephew and how he still manages to so very special inspite of the younger ones. Please keep them coming and good luck for the contest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwww I heart you all over again, but I heart the little fellow even more. Muah!

    What a delightful read...and yes I understand that 'you and me' as you put it! Beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwww thanks so much...glad you could understand :)

      Delete
  6. So cute...the memories of our first one is a first for us too...so, extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute indeed! Every mom's aankh ka tara :)

    Loved your post, sfurti.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww..lucky mom and lucky son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and you're brave. Mine would kill me if I put up pics of them dressed in girl clothes - and yes I did put them in frocks too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am sure mine will kill me as violently as they can when they grow up a little more. Too young right now...so I have my way!!

      Delete
  10. Adorable ! Such lovely memories you have made !

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark