Wednesday 4 September 2013

Marigold

Summery and soothing
Fragrance of an Indian wedding

Petals on Petals
Dancing together

Green submerged like a child in a womb
Filling the cavity, growing with a bloom

Layered like a sea wave
Each layer majestic 
Each wave poetic
Conjoined but separate
Woven in a sonnet
Growing out of brown
Stemming from a cave

 

Tiny green hands
Holding on to petals
Like a child attached to roots
Inspite of being a rebel

Orange like a sunset
All ready to wave goodbye
All set to drown
But followed by a rise
Promising like a dawn
Of a better tomorrow

Million flowers growing and blooming
Swaying through the wind
Dancing to the music

Tall and soaring
Proud and enthralling
Usual yet precious
Gold in a pot
Flaming and hot
My marigolds   

Image credit here


7 comments:

  1. Wow! You got me with wedding! Little green hands, obedient, and a dawn of a better tomorrow! Such a beautiful ode to marigold that I am sure I should have appreciated them more all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the images of wedding blossoms, the child-like image of a bloom and the community of marigolds waving in the breeze - lovely autumn post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thought of the wedding too, with the marigold chains - so lovely. They are a staunch and brave flower, and always say "fall" to me, as I had them years ago in my garden. I love the "tiny green hands" too.

    ReplyDelete

  4. love the spontaneous flow of words in praise of marigold.......beautiful expression

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I am impressed with your ability to focus your attention and share your observations with us. Nicely done, rich with detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful expressions! the marigold blooms in your verses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful description.

    Orange like a sunset
    All ready to wave goodbye
    All set to drown
    But followed by a rise
    Promising like a dawn
    Of a better tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark