Friday 20 September 2013

Only Yesterday

I look into your eyes
And see the days gone by
Has it really been that long?
Since we met
Since we held hands
Since we first danced
How many years have gone by
Since that first glance

It was only yesterday when you I saw you laugh
And you took my heart away
It was only now when you winked at me
And together we swayed
All our firsts are still firsts
Million steps taken,
Million dreams dreamt
Zillion rules broken
Zillion lives spent
Only yesterday

So many songs still to learn
So many stories still to write
So many nights still to burn
So many fights still to fight
How have we already spent years together?
It was only yesterday when I didn’t know you,
When I wondered if you were there,
When I thought I would never find you
When I was a lost soul clobbered in a queue;
Waiting, wanting, lusting and rotting

I don’t remember
all the steps we took
all the bridges we crossed
all the pains and tears
all the panic and fears

I do remember
Your hands tightly around me
Your eyes always on me
Your hug and its warmth
Your words and your laughs
I do remember you
Always there for me
Just like it was yesterday,
The first time we were we


As we grow old together,
I see our shadows getting longer and longer
Our memories stronger and stronger
May our today be as long as yesterday
May our future be as together as today


(C) Juztamom 2013

Image credit here

36 comments:

  1. awwww... such a pining and appreciative meditation. i feel this way, too. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words and memories of true love that still is.

    "Just like it was yesterday,
    The first time we were we." - especially lovely.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna thanks so much. Literally I feel time just flies :)

      Delete
  3. Nice, sounds like song, 'only yesterday', but so many songs ahead and memories to collect...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so romantic! I love the ending~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Longing and love hand in hand...well said...from the heart. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah..so true about longing. Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  6. This is so sweet. May your love last a zillion years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi that is so sweet of you...thank you so much for your blessings and thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  7. This speaks to me so much. I have been married 43 years and so much of it seems like it happened only yesterday. Lovely write!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 45 years! Susie respect....Wow....I hope we reach this feat someday :)

      Delete
  8. It is said that when you ask a 17 year what's life, he/she would say, there's lot lot more years ahead to live and enjoy. When we ask the same question to a 70 year old, he/she would say, so many decades have passed and it's just like yesterday.

    Good write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fayaz what a wonderful saying. Thanks so much for sharing it :)

      Delete
  9. Very Very Nicely written and I wish you Good Luck for the Years to come.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, so beatifull...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. May our today be as long as yesterday
    May our future be as together as today

    So beautiful lines and heart-warming poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sfurti, wow!!! OMG! You are turning into a mind-blowing poet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pankti wow thanks so much for the compliment :)

      Delete
  13. wow !
    This is like a super romantic song with all great lyrics ., loved the way it rhymed. I love poems and poets !
    Need I say more ;) ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afshan thank you so much for your lovely words. Yes yes say more..say more..I am greedy for compliments :)

      Delete
  14. Love and togetherness always makes me happy. Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tribute to a long and happy marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. soo nice exactly what I feel....
    super duper like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amita thank you so much and touchwood for you :)

      Delete

Leave Your Mark