Saturday 1 March 2014

Shadow

I grab my car keys and at a frantic pace run and come out of the main door only to realise that my car is not where I parked it and that shadow is still following me. Suddenly I start feeling very cold and realise that I have no clothes on, that I am completely naked but inspite of that I continue to run towards the main road with a hope that somebody will see me, hear me and hopefully save me from him. As I reach the main road I realise there is a huge commotion on the side, everyone is standing and looking at something familiar. I run towards it and see that it is my car rammed against the tree covered in blood. I try to cover myself with my hands and start screaming, start asking what is happening, who is in my car but no one is looking at me, it’s like they can’t hear me, like I am invisible. 

Shadow of the Colossus - epic by OldaccountYAMISHIN

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around and see that shadow, a man with no face, a man with only a dark stature and no features. He holds my hand and tells me, this is you inside the car, you are dead. I am your shadow, your karma, everything you owned is gone, everyone you loved is left behind, from this moment on you have only me. He engulfs me and says I am as fair as your actions were and as black as thoughts were which means from this moment on You Are Me.

Image credit here. I am taking part in the Write tribe Festival of Words and the first prompt is 9-Sentence Fiction. To participate or to know more about it please visit here

38 comments:

  1. Nice Post.. enjoyed readin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Wonderful read!!! And i thought 9-sentence fiction would be really,really short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting suspense. Feasible feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay yai yai... that last sentence scared more than anything else :) Reminded me that one day I'm going to be judged by my actions so I better clean up my act.
    Good take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshan. I am thrilled I scared you :P

      Delete
  5. OOH!! Dark in theme and visually appealing in rendition. It reminded me of a frightening dream I used to have. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja. It is similar to a dream I often have. :)

      Delete
  6. No one escapes their karma. But I hope that when we cross over to the other side that there will be only light and not darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah! that's dark!! Indeed the moment we die everything is left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As fair as your actions and as dark as your evil thoughts,how true?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sad that we are shadows when we most need to be visible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG !! This was one engrossing piece of work. I can still feel the chill. A gripping narration, and a very intelligent twist at the end ! Kudos over this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sreeja Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  11. I typed in a comment and I don;t know where it disappeared :O Loved this story and this is what everyone means when they say that all of us have to face consequences of our actions in His court. Wonderful story Sfurti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prasanna it must be the moderation, sometimes it eats up comments :). Thank you so much for visiting and for you encouraging words also :)

      Delete
  12. Wow...I fet a shudder for a moment...that's possibly my worst fear !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Profound as can be..!!
    Scary too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chilling. I can't help wonder what I will make when the shadow comes to take me. I mean, I've heard bout the myth but it's scarily well written.
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/day-1-wtfw-9-sentence-fiction-bonding-over-pani-puri

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are turning into quite a fiction writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome write up....The ending lines were deep and thoughtful ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had goosebumps as I read it! Loved the story, specially the Karma bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this was kind of creepy but filled with suspense. Really like this one. It amazes me how much depth a person can achieve with only 9 sentences! This was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow...awesome post!! Excellently written!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOH!! That's an engrossing and a riveting read!! True, you can't escape karma!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some powerful end there. Karma never leaves us...

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice write Sfurti...tense and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an imagination!!! Amazing Sfurti!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. At first i thought you were describing the Grim Reaper. But its TRUE, after we're gone, its our actions and thoughts from our past that determine how we'll go down in history. We will either be good or bad memories, or fade into oblivion forever.

    Well imagined.

    Updated my blog. Do drop by.

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am as fair as your actions were and as black as thoughts were which means from this moment on You Are Me. These lines are so true and written so well. Our Karma follows us. Good deed done have a positive impact even in next life. I do not know if after life exists.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looked like a dream. Loved the ending.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark