Friday 18 April 2014

Lost

Lost in the woods
I walk barefoot
Dancing to your music
Chained and hooked

Before the sunrise
Before my birth and demise
I will open my wings and escape to you
Even if god defies

 

For you are my god, my religion
You are what is written and unwritten
On my forehead and my heart
Covered in you completely smitten

In your lust I am lost forever
In your wait I walk and I never,
Stop and look back, for what is left
Is lost forever

I keep falling, my pieces scatter
Drenched in my blood, they stagger
Leaving my prints, marking your name
Swaying to your tune, one by one, they clamour

I will walk till nothing remains but you
My pieces will fall till nothing remains, only you
And I become one
With you, all pious, all new

(C) Juztamom

Shared with NaPoWriMo. The prompt was to write a ruba'i. Basically, a ruba’i is a four-line stanza, with a rhyme scheme of AABA

Image credit here

Some of the fellow participants:
http://jaibalarao.com/   - Jaibala





4 comments:

  1. I just stood up and gave you a standing ovation for this. Love in its purest form, in mostly every form so well described. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last stanza..love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark