Wednesday 23 April 2014

Me

Go ahead define
Put me in your confines
Build a bracket
Draw a line

But I promise you
Everytime
I will defy
If I have to,
Everytime
I will decide
Because I have to


I am not you
Just like you are not me
Don’t step in my shoes
Don’t wear my heels
They are MINE
And only MINE
It can break,
It can hurt
It will break
And it will hurt
But I know
How to get up
How to heal
I don’t need you
Or anyone
To teach me
How to live

I am me
Not you,
I am free
Just like you!

(C) Juztamom

Shared with NaPoWriMo. Just felt like yelling these lines with all my force, on top of my voice. I am glad my pen did it on my behalf.

Image credit here

Some of the fellow participants:
http://jaibalarao.com/   - Jaibala

20 comments:

  1. Wow, "I am me Not you,I am free Just like you!" Just like a Queen :) Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome !!! Even I feel like screaming these ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 5! we are all unique in our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh God youre really angry!! but so honestly spoken!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done and commonly understood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hark! you are free, you are not me but in that we share a breath of air we are here together

    gracias for this lovely incantation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes this just needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, Sfu! Hard hitting and powerful lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja. Was in one of those moods :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, how I can hear the anger in those words! So well expressed: love it! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I can hear the anger in those words! So well expressed: love it! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark