Tuesday 29 April 2014

Z For Zzzzzzzz

anything for you
love you to bits
an extra hour of Zzzzzzz

#atozchallenge2014
Z for Zzzzz
When I was thinking about what to write from Z, many things came to my mind “Zen, Zillion, Zebra etc etc” but nothing struck a chord better than Zzzzzzzz. I have been sleep deprived for more than five years. And I am not the sleepy type or rather I use to be, not the sleepy type. For me just an uninterrupted sleep of 5 hours is normally enough in a day but it has been so many years of not even getting that continuously, so I really really miss it. I am waiting for those days to come back, when I can be in bed for hours and hours and get up as and when I want to. One of the side effects of being a 24/7 mom I guess.

Are you a parent? Do you love your sleep? How many hours do you think you can sleep at a stretch? I think I can sleep for as long as full 24 hours if I get uninterrupted sleep!! :P

To check out my theme for the challenge click here.
To know more about the challenge and to participate please click here

10 comments:

  1. That is a good question, especially for a parent. I didn't have any assistance (not that my husband would agree) when taking care of the children when they were little, as far as getting any extra sleep for myself. I am STILL sleep deprived!!! I work long hours, but when I do go to bed I sleep very soundly because I have to get in shape for the coming day! Boring but true! :) jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get your zzzzz, Sfurti. Am sure you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sense the feeling though am not sleep deprived for years :) May u get the rest soon
    and congos on finishing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sfurti, be prepared for a long wait. My daughter is 6, my son 3. The uninterrupted sleep hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a parent yet but I love my sleep...One of the reasons I'm scared of becoming one! sigh!

    Z for Zen-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, that extra hour of zzzzzzzz would be heaven. Congrats on completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha.....I have been sleep deprived only for about 5 months now. But I totally understand you. Congratulations for finishing the A-Z :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on surviving the A to Z challenge!

    I managed to squeeze in an extra hour of sleep today thanks to a teacher institute day.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( All mommies are scaring me. I am an insomniac already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sleep is a bliss ... so her's to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .. hope you had a goood zzzzzzzzzzzz :)

    take care

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark